Sunday, November 20, 2016

The Top Ten Disney Movies of All Time!

With Moana coming out this week I have been thinking about where it may fit in the Disney Universe. Will these characters be walking the Disney Parks as my grandson, to be born in December, grows up and becomes a Disney fan or will these characters just be part of Disney Trivia? 

So, with that in mind I got to thinking, which Disney movies are my favorite Disney movies? The more I thought about it, the more I couldn't stop thinking about it. I will tell you what, deciding which ones I love more than the others is harder than I ever thought it would be.

So, I went to work. I put some lists on paper. I changed them often. And I have no doubt this would be a different list if I did it 6 months ago, and likely it will be different again in 6 months. Heck, I am going to see Moana soon, it comes out in just 3 days as I write this, so who knows, maybe this list will become an ongoing poll. 

So, after much thinking and editing the order and with no expectation of permanence, here is my top 10 Disney movies of All Time!

 #10 The Adventures of Ichabod & Mr. Toad
Ok, so maybe Aladdin or Frozen are getting bumped here but it is MY LIST! I have loved Ichabod my whole life and it is THIS ICHABOD that I think of at Halloween! I had to get it on my list!



#9 Toy Story
The toys come alive as soon as people leave! How many of us wish WE had thought of that? Brilliant!

#8 Pinocchio
If only I had a cricket too!


#7 Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
One of the truly classic Disney rides becomes a truly classic movie! The entire franchise is awesome….and the character of Jack Sparrow is simply spectacular! 

#6 Peter Pan
The classic character Tinker Bell is enough for me to put this one on my top 10 list!

#5 The Muppet Christmas Carol
Light the lamp not the rat, light the lamp not the rat! Maybe this is a little high, but I am excited about the holidays!

#4 The Nightmare Before Christmas
Danny Elfman & Tim Burton….More Please! 

#3 Robin Hood
Likely the 1st Disney movie I feel in love with. When Prince John freaks out or sucks his thumb I still crack up!


#2 Mary Poppins
So many memories associated with this one. I still try to jump in to any painting I find on the street!

And....finally...


#1 The Lion King
This is the 1st Disney movie I ever took my future wife Paula too….so it will be hard to imagine this one ever not being in the #1 spot!

So, where am I wrong? I want to hear from you! Comment your favorites and tell me what YOU think!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment